Biographical entry Bennie, P.B.
Dr P. Bennie was an original Wallaby Club member joining in 1894. He remained a member until 1903. He is recorded as attending the first official walk of the Club on 23 June 1894. He was both a headmaster and paediatrician. His bust was in the original Children's Hospital.
- 1894 - 1903
- Membership - Wallaby Club
Sources used to compile this entry: Attwood, Harold (ed.), The Centenary History of the Wallaby Club, Landscape Publications, Mont Albert, 1993. List of members page 130, additional references page 6, 9, 10, 12, 15, 18, 22, 23.
Prepared by: Gavan McCarthy
Created: 11 January 2007, Last modified: 15 February 2007
A Private Club
The Wallaby Club is a Melbourne-based walking club established in 1894 with a strong bias towards good fellowship, talking and an appreciation of both the natural and built environments. Membership is strictly limited and is by invitation only.
Dates and details of annual walks from 1894.