Biographical entry Champion, H.H.
H. Champion joined the Wallaby Club in 1895 and maintained his membership until 1902. He was Secretary 1896-1897. Champion was a journalist and socialist propagandist. He was a key organizer for funds in support of female doctors and this in turn lead to the opening of Queen Victoria Hospital in 1899.
- 1895 - 1902
- Membership - Wallaby Club
Sources used to compile this entry: Attwood, Harold (ed.), The Centenary History of the Wallaby Club, Landscape Publications, Mont Albert, 1993. List of members page 132, additional references page 8, 18, 19, 20, 22, 23, 24, 103.
Prepared by: Gavan McCarthy
Created: 11 January 2007, Last modified: 15 February 2007
A Private Club
The Wallaby Club is a Melbourne-based walking club established in 1894 with a strong bias towards good fellowship, talking and an appreciation of both the natural and built environments. Membership is strictly limited and is by invitation only.
Dates and details of annual walks from 1894.