Established 1894

The Wallaby Club .Inc

Biographical entry Kernot, W.C. ( - 1909)



Professor W.C. Kernot joined the Wallaby Club in 1900 and maintained his membership until his death in 1909. He was President in 1901. He was the first Professor of Engineering at the University of Melbourne and President of the Working Men's College. He designed the Morell Bridge over the Yarra River. He is the Great Uncle of Jim Minifie.



1900 - 1909
Membership - Wallaby Club

Related Official Positions

Related People

Sources used to compile this entry: Attwood, Harold (ed.), The Centenary History of the Wallaby Club, Landscape Publications, Mont Albert, 1993. List of members page 136, additional references page 8, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 34, 44, 46, 74, photographs page 14.

Prepared by: Gavan McCarthy

A Private Club

The Wallaby Club is a Melbourne-based walking club established in 1894 with a strong bias towards good fellowship, talking and an appreciation of both the natural and built environments. Membership is strictly limited and is by invitation only.

Browse Entries

Browse Walks

Dates and details of annual walks from 1894.