Biographical entry Clendinnen, F.J. ( - 1913)
Dr F. Clendinnen joined the Wallaby Club in 1903 and maintained his membership until his death in 1913. He was President in 1912. He was a radiologist and pioneered the use of X-rays photography (skiagram) on 22 May 1896. He was Honorary Skiagrapher to the Melbourne Hospital and the Eye and Ear Hospital. Lost at least three fingers due to X-ray burns.
- 1903 - 1913
- Membership - Wallaby Club
Sources used to compile this entry: Attwood, Harold (ed.), The Centenary History of the Wallaby Club, Landscape Publications, Mont Albert, 1993. List of members page 132, additional references page 6, 7, 33, 34, 62, 74, 118, photograph page 14.
Prepared by: Gavan McCarthy
Created: 13 February 2007, Last modified: 15 February 2007
A Private Club
The Wallaby Club is a Melbourne-based walking club established in 1894 with a strong bias towards good fellowship, talking and an appreciation of both the natural and built environments. Membership is strictly limited and is by invitation only.
Dates and details of annual walks from 1894.