Biographical entry Ievers, R.L.
R. Ievers joined the Wallaby Club in 1903 and maintained his membership until 1910. 'The family developed a successful real estate business and the family home Mont Ievers was in Royal Parade, Parkville; numerous streets in Carlton and Parkville bear the family name. With his brothers and friends he founded the Beefsteak Club in 1886. He supported numerous charities and was a member of the Homeopathic Hospital (the predecessor of Prince Henry's Hospital) for 19 years and was on the Committee of Management of the Austin Hospital (1892-1903).' [Source ?]
- 1903 - 1910
- Membership - Wallaby Club
Sources used to compile this entry: Attwood, Harold (ed.), The Centenary History of the Wallaby Club, Landscape Publications, Mont Albert, 1993. List of members page 135.
Prepared by: Gavan McCarthy
Created: 13 February 2007, Last modified: 16 February 2007
A Private Club
The Wallaby Club is a Melbourne-based walking club established in 1894 with a strong bias towards good fellowship, talking and an appreciation of both the natural and built environments. Membership is strictly limited and is by invitation only.
Dates and details of annual walks from 1894.