Biographical entry Wilson, J.P. ( - 1932)
Dr J. Wilson joined the Wallaby Club in 1906 and maintained his membership until his death in 1932. He was President in 1919. As an educationist he was Headmaster of the Presbyterian Ladies College, Melbourne. He is noted as having taught Henry Handel Richardson and Dame Nellie Melba [neither of whom were known to be members of the Club].
- 1906 - 1932
- Membership - Wallaby Club
Sources used to compile this entry: Attwood, Harold (ed.), The Centenary History of the Wallaby Club, Landscape Publications, Mont Albert, 1993. List of members page 142, additional references page 38, 39, 65, photographs page 21, 52.
Prepared by: Gavan McCarthy
Created: 18 February 2007
A Private Club
The Wallaby Club is a Melbourne-based walking club established in 1894 with a strong bias towards good fellowship, talking and an appreciation of both the natural and built environments. Membership is strictly limited and is by invitation only.
Dates and details of annual walks from 1894.