Biographical entry Dyason, E.C.E.
- company director, economist, mining engineer and stockbroker
E. Dyason joined the Wallaby Club in 1915 and maintained his membership until 1939. He was a company director, economist, mining engineer and stockbroker. He was the brother-in-law of Sir Ernest Scott and his bequest to the University of Melbourne founded the Dyason Lectures.
With regard to 1938: '. . . lost to the Club through resignation; also E.C. Dyason, a member of 24 years, who wnet to live in the U.S.A., and by bequest founded the Dyason Lectures.'
J. Woodburn, page 67.
- 1915 - 1939
- Membership - Wallaby Club
Sources used to compile this entry: Attwood, Harold (ed.), The Centenary History of the Wallaby Club, Landscape Publications, Mont Albert, 1993. List of members page 133, additional references page 67, photographs page 21, 42.
Prepared by: Gavan McCarthy
Created: 12 April 2007
A Private Club
The Wallaby Club is a Melbourne-based walking club established in 1894 with a strong bias towards good fellowship, talking and an appreciation of both the natural and built environments. Membership is strictly limited and is by invitation only.
Dates and details of annual walks from 1894.