Biographical entry Tweddle, J. T. ( - 1943)
J. Tweddle joined the Wallaby Club in 1921 and maintained his membership until his death in 1943. He was an accountant, Chairman of Andrew Bros Pty Ltd, and a Trustee of the National Gallery of Victoria. He founded and presented [?] the Tweddle Babies Hospital and School of Mothercraft in Footscray, 1924.
Regarding his Vice-Presidency 1926: 'J.T. Tweddle, who was Vice-President, was obliged to leave Australia for the winter months, and consequently was unable to accept the position of President [in 1927]. This flight from winter proved to be his routine for the rest of his days, but as a rule he was able to come to the Christmas Dinners.'
J. Woodburn, page 63
- 1921 - 1943
- Membership - Wallaby Club
Sources used to compile this entry: Attwood, Harold (ed.), The Centenary History of the Wallaby Club, Landscape Publications, Mont Albert, 1993. List of members page 141, additional references page 63, photographs page 42.
Prepared by: Gavan McCarthy
Created: 12 April 2007
A Private Club
The Wallaby Club is a Melbourne-based walking club established in 1894 with a strong bias towards good fellowship, talking and an appreciation of both the natural and built environments. Membership is strictly limited and is by invitation only.
Dates and details of annual walks from 1894.