Biographical entry Crawford, R.M.
- academic and historian
Professor R. Crawford joined the Wallaby Club in 1937 and maintained his membership until 1961. He was an author, Professor of History at the University of Melbourne and Chairman of the Australian Humanities Research Council.
Regarding his membership: 'Professors Paton and Crawford were elected this term , but to our loss, their appearances are like angel's visits.'
J. Woodburn, page 67
- 1937 - 1961
- Membership - Wallaby Club
Sources used to compile this entry: Attwood, Harold (ed.), The Centenary History of the Wallaby Club, Landscape Publications, Mont Albert, 1993. List of members page 132, additional references pages 67.
Prepared by: Gavan McCarthy
Created: 30 April 2007
A Private Club
The Wallaby Club is a Melbourne-based walking club established in 1894 with a strong bias towards good fellowship, talking and an appreciation of both the natural and built environments. Membership is strictly limited and is by invitation only.
Dates and details of annual walks from 1894.