Biographical entry Wood, Ian J.
Sir Ian Wood joined the Wallaby Club in 1950 but only maintained his membership until 1951. He was a physician and Assistant Director of the Walter and Eliza Hall Institute of Medical Research. He was a Consulting Physician to the Roayl Melbourne Hospital and Colonel in World War II, commanding the Australian General Hospital in New Guinea.
- 1950 - 1951
- Membership - Wallaby Club
Sources used to compile this entry: Attwood, Harold (ed.), The Centenary History of the Wallaby Club, Landscape Publications, Mont Albert, 1993. List of members page 142, photographs pages 69.
Prepared by: Gavan McCarthy
Created: 13 May 2007
A Private Club
The Wallaby Club is a Melbourne-based walking club established in 1894 with a strong bias towards good fellowship, talking and an appreciation of both the natural and built environments. Membership is strictly limited and is by invitation only.
Dates and details of annual walks from 1894.