Established 1894

The Wallaby Club .Inc

Biographical entry Minifie, James

Occupation
flour miller and primary producer

Summary

Jim Minifie joined the Wallaby Club in 1957. He was elected President in 1994. He was a flour miller and primary producer. He donated to the Wallaby Club the 'Club Walking Stick' which was presented to his father on his retirement as Walks Secretary. Jim's family connections in the Club include: nephew of Dr C. Sutherland and J.L.F. Woodburn; grand nephew of Professor W.C. Kernot; and grandson of C.E. Oliver.

Details

Events

1957 -
Membership - Wallaby Club

Related Official Positions

Related People

Sources used to compile this entry: Attwood, Harold (ed.), The Centenary History of the Wallaby Club, Landscape Publications, Mont Albert, 1993. List of members page 137, additional references pages 93, 108, photographs pages 93, 129.

Prepared by: Gavan McCarthy

A Private Club

The Wallaby Club is a Melbourne-based walking club established in 1894 with a strong bias towards good fellowship, talking and an appreciation of both the natural and built environments. Membership is strictly limited and is by invitation only.

Browse Entries

Browse Walks

Dates and details of annual walks from 1894.

Walks