Biographical entry Grayson, O. ( - 2001)
O. Grayson joined the Wallaby Club in 1958 and maintained his membership until his death in 2001. He was elected President in 1977 and later awarded honorary life membership. He was a grazier, a Justice of the Peace and a partner in Kays Melbourne - Manufacturers and Despoke Tailors. He was a son-in-law of Sir Ernest Wreford.
His other appointments included:
* Foundation Member of the Australian Geographical Society;
* Life Member of Royal Agricultural Society;
* Life Member of British Bred Ryeland Sheep Breeders Association;
* Member of Balranald Shire Council;
* President of Riverina Graziers' Association Balranald;
* President of Kyneton Agricultural Society;
* Established the first goat dairy in Victoria; and
* President of Goat Breeders Association and a goat judge,
- 1958 - 2001
- Membership - Wallaby Club
Sources used to compile this entry: Attwood, Harold (ed.), The Centenary History of the Wallaby Club, Landscape Publications, Mont Albert, 1993. List of members page 134, additional references pages 68, 69, 91, 97, 105, 110, 111, photographs pages 90, 107, 129.
Prepared by: Gavan McCarthy
Created: 17 May 2007
A Private Club
The Wallaby Club is a Melbourne-based walking club established in 1894 with a strong bias towards good fellowship, talking and an appreciation of both the natural and built environments. Membership is strictly limited and is by invitation only.
Dates and details of annual walks from 1894.