Biographical entry King, E.S. ( - 1966)
CMG, FRACP, FAA
- pathologist and surgeon
Professor E.S. King joined the Wallaby Club in 1958 and maintained his membership until his death in 1966. He was a pathologist, surgeon and a medical polymath. He was Professor of Pathology at the University of Melbourne succeeding Sir Peter McCallum. He also held positions of Honorary Surgeon and Pathologist at the Alfred Hospital and the Royal Melbourne Hospital. During World War II he served as Lieutenant Colonel.
- 1958 - 1966
- Membership - Wallaby Club
Sources used to compile this entry: Attwood, Harold (ed.), The Centenary History of the Wallaby Club, Landscape Publications, Mont Albert, 1993. List of members page 136.
Prepared by: Gavan McCarthy
Created: 17 May 2007
A Private Club
The Wallaby Club is a Melbourne-based walking club established in 1894 with a strong bias towards good fellowship, talking and an appreciation of both the natural and built environments. Membership is strictly limited and is by invitation only.
Dates and details of annual walks from 1894.