Biographical entry Russell, Hamish M.
- agricultural scientist
Hamish Russell joined the Wallaby Club in 1986 and maintained his membership until 2007. He was elected President in 1997 and was Secretary 1993-1996. He trained as an agricultural scientist and worked as the Director of the Scientific and Information Services for the Victorian Department of Agriculture. He is a brother-in-law of Dr P Race.
Hi sother career and community appointments include:
* General Manager, Health Secretariat Victorian Department of Health;
* Executive Officer, Department of Chiropractic, Osteopathy and Complementary Medicine RMIT;
* Past Chairman Committee of Management Rhododendron Gardens Olinda;
* Chairman Dandenong Ranges Gardens Trust;
* President Lilydale Community Hospital.
- 1986 - 2007
- Membership - Wallaby Club
Sources used to compile this entry: Attwood, Harold (ed.), The Centenary History of the Wallaby Club, Landscape Publications, Mont Albert, 1993. List of members page 139, photographs pages 129.
Prepared by: Gavan McCarthy
Created: 1 June 2007, Last modified: 15 October 2009
A Private Club
The Wallaby Club is a Melbourne-based walking club established in 1894 with a strong bias towards good fellowship, talking and an appreciation of both the natural and built environments. Membership is strictly limited and is by invitation only.
Dates and details of annual walks from 1894.